Friday, August 19, 2005

God Does not abandon His People

-Last evening at the barber shop we, the Jewish Bucharian barbers and myself, were tearfully watching CNN. The reporter reported how the IDF was to meet with the furthest extremists they have met (I think it was kfar darom). They showed footage of these wild savages whose last stronghold was the synagogue.

What we actually saw were the holiest souls crying and praying like I have never witnessed. Seldom have I ever seen poignant images as I saw last night. These souls broke out into the 1970’s version of Ki lo yotosh which means G-d does not abandon His people. A scene that is reminiscent of the holy souls singing Ani Maamin 60 years ago.

G-d does not abandon His people. These holy people have given their lives for G-d, His land and His people. They are the scorn of the world and much of their own brethren. They are being expelled from the very same land that is a part of what they sacrificed so much for. Their thoughts? G-d does not abandon His people.

After some further thought, I realized something. These souls are the quintessential Gods people. G-d does not abandon His people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home